Bloody stools for over an year, cramping, gas, on medication for enlarged hemmoroids. Any advice on over the counter medications ?

Ive had bloody stools for over an year now. And more recently ive been having alot of cramping,gas in my stomach area. Ive been told that i have enlarged hemmoroids and was given an creame regarding this. For under a week now Ive been taking immodium. Im not into waiting for results thats repeatedly come back normal from blood work,urine test and rectum exam. At this point i much rather take an over the counter medications or medical marijuana. Any advice on other over the counter medications i could take ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response

First, it is important to know if you do not have any inflammatory disease of the intestines (including infections). As you are not mentioning to have performed colonoscopy, I'd suggest to do it to understand your current hemorrhoid's situation. That will also help the proctologist to evaluate if you need surgery or not.

I personally advise my patients to use Doloproct (fluocortolone pivalate + lidocaine hydrochloride) to relieve hemorrhoids pain together with a diet rich in fiber and water to avoid constipation which can further aggravate hemorrhoids.

Thank you.