Bloody feces, facial pimples, abdominal discomfort

Hi Doctor. I am male and 21 years old. I have a problem of blood in my excretion . the first time i had blood in my faeces was an year ago. it was just like bright red specks in my faeces and it lasted for 3 days. during those 3 days, my face got all these pimples . then the blood excretion stopped after 3 days, the pimples also vanished. after 3 months i had blood again. this time there was a little bright specks and some drops of blood. i got fever the day i excreted blood. this also lasted for 3-4 days. after that everything went normal. again after a period of 3 to 4 months, the blood excretion started and now i am literally dripping blood. there is a lot of blood every time i go to the toilet and this blood is just not red specks, it is like pure blood coming out in drops. usually this lasted for 3 to 4 days but this time it as been more than 10 days and there is still blood coming out. I haven t told my family yet as i feel concerned about hem. i thought to consult you first before going to a doctor personally. I hope you will answer as soon as possible. P.S: I don t feel any pain anywhere in my body, but just a slight uncomfortable feeling at the right side of my belly .
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012

Thank you for the query.

The most probable reason of bright red blood in the stool are hemorrhoids. Such blood is usually on the surface of the stool (not mixed with it) and on the toilet paper. You may notice a lump near the anus but not necessarily.
If your blood is mixed with the stool, you have lost some weight, inflammatory bowels disease (Crohns disease) can be the reason.

I suggest you to consult a surgeon at first. Physical examination should be done and hemoglobin level checked. In case of doubts, rectoscopy should be done. Hemorrhoids can be healed completely only with surgery.
If inflammatory bowels disease is possible, colonoscopy should be done.

Hope this will help.