Blood while passing stools during 12 weeks of pregnancy. Early signs of miscarriage?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and yesterday experienced a small amount of light bleeding . I went to the loo for a poo and when i wiped the front there was a small amount of mucasy red blood on the tissue . I called my midwife who said that unless it gets worse or painful then not to worry. I have my first scan tomorrow morning and she said to attent it as normal but if it did get worse or painful to go to the a&e. This happened about 11.15 am yesterday. I experienced no more bleeding until about 17.30 yesterdsy evening. again it was when I went for a poo, I noticed when I wiped some brown discharge but not red blood this time. And again the same thing has happened today. It is not happening at any other time other than when I have a poo. I am very constipated and am pushing quite a lot, but can t understand where the red blood has come from? I haven t bled before during my pregnancy. I am 30 years old and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I was pregnant about 4 years ago and miscarried at about 6 weeks. I would just like someone to explain what it could be and if it is poss early signs of misscarrige?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012