Blood traces in sputum, appear only on cough post sleeping. Got cough after having cold milkshake. How can I cure this?

Hello , Myself SUNIL i am 22. From last four days i have cough ,I consumed very chilled milkshake then it started. But from two days i am noticing blood flakes in my sputum that comes out when i cough. These blood flakes come only when i cough after sleeping. Remaining times blood doesn t come with sputum .I am really scared can you suggest what is my problem and which doctor i should contact. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
small streaks of blood are common when you cough vigorously.
do not worry.
the blood vessels in the throat are ruptured when you cough forcefully leading to blood in sputum.
see an ENT if the problem perisists.
till then do warm calt watern gargling 4 times daily.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi.