Blood test shows high cholesterol. Family history of strokes, angina. Medical attention required?

Hi I went for a nhs health check and the blood results came back as my cholesterol bing 6.9 The nurse weighed me done my height and measured my stomache and apparently i am as i should be on the chart that she looked at. BP was also normal She asked if anyone in family had suffered with angina and i said yes my granfather did She just gave me the sheets for eating more healthy and do more exercise. I asked if i need to see my doctor and she said no Once i got home i read through the sheets My mother also has high cholesterol and she has had several mini strokes before the age of 65 Should i now think about going to see my doctor after all
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012