Blood test shows hemoglobin 9.8. Taking ferrous tablets. But RBC level drops on stopping medicine. Reason?

Thank you.

I am 20 years female. I am taking ferrous tablets together with folic acid. I am suffering anaemia since 12 years old. Once I take these tablets, my RBC level becomes ok, but when I stop taking this tablet, my RBC level dropping..
My thyroid have been tested. It has no problem and my utrus is also checked. It has also no problem.............too... Blood had tested, but only the said problem..
Yesterday, I tested my Blood and the Ferritin is 5 (our ot 10 - 120), Hemoglobin 9.8 (out of 12 = 16), Packed cell volume is 33 (out of 37 - 47).
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013