Blood test showing low hemoglobin levels. Had normal barium enema in the past. What is the cause for a low blood count?

I am 46, 5 5 and 130 lbs. I exercise for an hour 6 times a week and recently I had a blood test in my annual check up that revealed my hemoglobin level of 104. Doctor called me in, and I discovered the previous year it was 109, the year before 115 and then 9 years ago it was 126. My weight has always remained the same for at least 20 years and I eat a healthy diet. 4 years ago I had a barium enema (as I had pain in my right side, which I still have) and it came back clean. A year later I had MRI on my liver and gallbladder and that too came back clean. I am now just worried why my blood count is low. I did get retested yesterday, and results showed 110, but it still is too low. I m just worried what could be causing this.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012