Blood test showed positive Mycoplasma Pneumonia IGM, hospitalized , acquired Klebsiella Pneumonia infection. Contagious?

Hi Doctor,

My blood test showed a positive Mycoplasma Pneumonia IGM, I took Klacid as antibiotic, it did not work, now I'm taking a course of Avalox (moxifloacine 400mg once daily).

My treating doctor believes that I acquired this from visiting a friend frequently in hospital who was hospitalized a month ago for a stroke and acquired the Klebsiella Pneumonia infection.

Am I contagious? Will I get worse due to medicine resistance of the infection?

Grateful your kind advice.

Thank you.

Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013