Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Blood test showed high esr, not advised any medicines, family history of arthritis, advised mri scan for back pain. Could it be multiple myeloma?

hello doctor,my mother is 59 yrs old...recently she had a checkup in which her bloodtest showed normal results except for esr which is 65...dr advised not to take any medication,as her kidney functioning and all is normal..she has a family history of arthritis .2 days back,she again went for an x-ray for her backpain and dr asked to take an mri scan ....i am worried about her whether she is having multiple myeloma,she doesn t have any other symptoms...pls help,family doctor said 90%chance for osteoporosis and 10% multiple myloma.If its MM can she be cured
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear friend
Plz dont worry , not all patients with raised ESR have Multiple myeloma , simple test for multiple myeloma is bence jones protein test in urine. Now as for back pain she culd have simple spondylosis or may be Rheumatoid arthritis also get MRI spine done and get RA factor checked in blood.
Dr. Vineet Saggar (MCh)
Neuro Surgeon / Spinal Surgeon
Chandigarh, Mohali -
Ivy Hospital Sector 71
Mob. No.:- +91-9855990990
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor