Blood test done. Very low iron count. Spatone improved situation. Any alternative medicine?

My blood tests for just over a year have been showing a low iron count and was down very close to the transfusion requirement level. I started on a course of Spatone 100% natural iron supplement ,, one sachet per day. This improved the situation slowly, however my medical practice suggested a course of GALFER 305mg a day. This medication completely disagreed with and I had to come off after a month. I am now on two sachets a day of Spatone, my condition continues to improve slowly. Spatone is not covered by my medical card assistance and is costing 50 euro @ month. Is there another tablet form of medication available? I am currently also on medication for BP , diabetes , depression , and, a prostate problem,all of which are under control. I look forward to your comments, thank you, John A. Hyland. Achill Island. Co. Mayo. Ireland.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013