Blood test done. Have colitis, crohns and kidney disease. What could be causing the iron depletion?

Hi I have a blood test with Iron level 43 and Iron saturation level of 10 my hemoglobin is 14 and Hematocrit is 42.6 which is normal my wbc are 17. I have both colitis and crohns disease as well as stage 3 kidney disease. What could be causing the iron depletion? I get iv therapy for low magnesium one a week for last five years. Is it my kidney disease or my crohns that is causing this depletion and is there anything I can do to stop it. I have received two iv s of ferrous sulfate about 4 months ago when the test result were about the same level.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012