Blood sugar readings are increasing, frequent urination, tiredness. Taking Metformin for diabetes. Why is medication not working?

Hello I am a 35 year old female, I have type 2 diabetes. I ve been on metformin for About 1 year, before that I was on insulin . I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes 3 years ago and after the pregnancy I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. So far my blood sugar readings have been a bit high. Fasting blood sugar 250 range and random readings 300 range. I have noticed that the numbers are getting higher (420) and I am always feeling tired and I urinate every 15 -20 minutes. Why isn t the metformin working? Should I seek immediate medical attention? Thank you Katie
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012