Blood sugar fasting was 103, after food was 138. Anything to worry ?

Hi, I did my annual blood about two weeks ago and got my results just recently and my sugar level 116. I am an African American female age 51 with high blood pressure which that is in good control. I since then purchase a True2go glucose meter etc to check daily until I go and see my Dr. on the 17th of May. I did my morning reading at 8:00 and it was 103 and I just had lunch which it was 138, but I took it about 7 minutes after that meal, should I have waited for about 30 minutes, also and I considered a Diabetic. My mom was diagnosis as a diabetic 5 years ago but is doing great.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013