Blood report showing positive for leukocyte esterase. Have burning and urgency for urination. Is this something else?

HI. Two weeks ago, I thought I was suffering from a UTI , felt the burning, urgency but not a lot of urine . I was prescribed Septra for 7 days which has not really been working. Since then, got a call from the doctor to come and see him about my results. He said I had 3+ blood, and positive leukocyte esterase . He has put me on Ciprofloxacin now for 7 days. I still have burning and urgency and pain in my lower abdomen. Do you think it is a UTI or maybe something more serious? Thanks for your time!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013