Blood pressure reduced after taking medicines, walking. Should I continue taking medicines forever? Side effects?

Dr. Good evening. i am Having HT for the past five six years and the readings differ every by. Usually it will be between 150/100 and 140/100. Now my Dr. has prescribed combination of drugs such as Nicardia retard 20mg,Telma h 40mg and Nebicard 5mg with regular walk of 4kms. Now my reading is between 120or 1i0/90or80. I am aged 60yrs. Am I have to continue the medication through out my life? What are the side effects if i continue for very long time?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012