Blood pressure always normal, now raised to 158/82, no family history. Should I take medicines forever?

I am a 25 yr old male and my blood pressure 138/84 but just recently it has been high.I was taking a dietary supplement to cleanse my system. I had to go to the hospital to check and it was 171/103 i got on blood pressure medicine and checked in 7 days and it was 130/84 im not taking pills now and checked 3 days later and it was 158/82 is this bad? Do i have to take medicine forever. I dont have high blood pressure in my family.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012