Blood pressure 162/84 with pulse rate 112, is this normal ?

my blood pressure was taken yesterday evening and it read 162/84 with 112 as my pulse.am i ok? my weight is 82kg and am 39years of age.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma's  Response
You need to check your BP again. Take the BP after half an hour rest. Avoid tea/coffee/other drinks/smoking in the half hour before taking the BP. Ensure the BP apparatus has been calibrated and proper technique is followed while taking the measurement.
If confirmed, the reading that u have is high. Your height is also needed to see if the weight of 82 kg is high or not. Also, you need measurements of hip and waist. A pulse of 112/min is also on the higher side; probably the result of exercise/stress/anxiety.......other reasons could be rare secondary causes like thyroid problems and a condition called pheochromocytoma.
You also need further evaluation for the presence of co-existing diabetes, cholesterol and heart/eye/kidney involvement