Blood, mucus with bowel movement, lower back pain, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhoea. History of rectal bleeding. Treatment?

I am a 31 years old female, and since April of this year I have been having bright red blood when I have a bowel movement (it is in the stool and on the toilet paper). I also have been passing a mucous-like substance at the same time. Twice since then I had what I thought was a stomach virus (the most recent 2 days ago) with vomiting , diarrhea , and severe stomach cramps with cold sweats that last approximatly 24-48 hours. I had rectal bleeding about the same time last year, and I saw a gastroenterologist who performed a colonoscopy and told me that my that I had one spot of inflammation in the rectosigmoid canal and a couple of benign polyps. He prescribed Rowasa enemas, but never explained what he thought caused it or how to prevent it. Last year s episode lasted several months as well. I am now experiencing lower back pain as well since the virus the other day and fatigue. I am worried because it is getting worse instead of better. I spent around $4,000 last year on this just to be rushed through my appointments and made to feel like it isn t an issue. This is starting to affect my daily life, so before I spend $4,000 more that I don t have, I m just trying to find out if this even sounds like an issue or not. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012