Blood in urine, taken Cipro and Amoxicillin, urgency to urinated. Am I symptomatic due to severity of infection?

I m a 46 yr old Mom,post menopausal 4 yrs. now. 5 weeks ago today suddenly stated urinating with urgency a lot. Felt flush never a fever. 3 hours of 5-10 mins intervals of rushing to the bathroomn then stated to pee blood. We were in the DR so I went to a local clinic and had high WBC with visible blood. They said I had bacteria in my urine - but I gave them a sample not clean. They diagnosed cystitis . Though I have a few days in a row I feel better and was only up 2-3 time a night but able to sleep. Then back to square one minus the blood. During this time I had a urine culture which was neg (here in the US). On Cipro for 10 days now on low dose amoxicillan with pymedrium and a anti bladder spasm med. I had a cystoscopy which showed inflimation and a couple of broken blood vessels 2 weeks after it all began. I haven t sleep due to urgency. Never had burning but presure. I amvery concerned and do not want to be diagnosed with IC ( my urologist has not mention this but my Family doctor has.). Is it possible I am symptomatic due to the severity of the infection and not IC? I have never had a UTI and other wise heathy 2 past surguries ( apendics ruptured / Adhesion surgury 15 yr after the first. Could it take this long for my bladder to recover? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012