Blood in urine, scope showed redness in bladder. Do not smoke, drink, have sedentary work style, spend hours a day sitting on the couch with laptop on the abdomen. Could that affect in any way?

Hi, Im 47year old male. Dont smoke , dont drink, live a very normal life. I had blood in my urine in January this year and it was quite bad in the sense that it was not just discolouration of urine but red blood towards the end when I urined. The urologist scoped and found a cist which was then removed and the biopsy was negative for malignancy . But what surprised my doctor was that the redness in my bladder . The doctor said he s only seen bladders like this in people who abuse drugs, so he was quite puzzled as to why I had this problem. After antibiotics and other medication I recovered and now about 6 months later, I have blood in my urine again though not as bad as the first time. Again the doctor scoped and said he is baffled by the redness of my bladder. He feels something in my lifestle is causing it. I live a very sedantary life but for the last 3 years I have been working as a freelance engineering consultant, and I spend many hours a day sitting on my couch with my laptop on my abdomen , just on my bladder everyday. I just wanted to know if any physicians out there have come across similar cases. Is it possible that the laying the laptop on my abdomen is a possible cause of these problems. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012