Blood in urine, constipation. Had meatal stenosis. Undergone surgery. What could be the issue?

My 9 yr old has had Blood in his urine for the past several years. We are told that he had a meatal stenosis and underwent surgery 1 yr ago. Lately, he has noticed traces of blood in his stool and occasional discolored urine. What could the possible issue be? He has not discomfort in urination, however, he does have a non-fibrous diet and continual constipation (finicky eater) and is very active. He does not drink enough water in my opinion, however, he seems physically fit and energetic.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013