Blood in urine, back pain, passing kidney stones. Should I visit a nephrologist or urologist?

i feel like i should be sent to a nephrologist but my primary care says if this next test comes back positive for blood in urine (which will be the 4th one) she will send me to a urologist. do they both deal with kidneys? i have had back pain for over a month now (severe early on) and NO infection whatsoever - they are pretty sure i passed a couple kidney stones . my back still hurts and my kidney area feels weird and gets hot sometimes (hot on inside, not to touch)
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013