Blood in urine. Unsure if it is periods. What could this be?

I can t tell if this is spotting or an actual period. 3 days ago I started with very light pink blood . Then yesterday the blood has become red. I can t feel blood discharging from me, but when I go to the bathroom to urine it comes out in the toilet and on the tissue , my mini pad only has streaks on it. What i m describing is how my period is when its ending around day 4 or 5. What could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
The cause for blood in urine could be menstrual blood, any infestation, injury or inflammation of bladder, urethra or kidney. If its menstrual, it should clear off in few days once your periods are gone. But if its of urinary tract origin, it will persist. In such cases, a proper investigation like urine test, culture and radiological investigations are required.
Hope this helped.