Blood in urine. Ultrasound for kidney stones done, shows mild pelvic fullness in both kidneys without frank hydronephrosis. What does this mean?

My 10 yr old son went to the emergency room last nigh because he was urinating blood. He had an ultrasoud of his kidneys to check for possible kidney stones . We will be getting an appointment with a nephrologist in the next week or two, but I was concerned about the findings from the ultrasound . The ER doctor said it could be normal, but that makes me feel that it could also be something else. What does mild pelvic fullness is noted in both kidneys without frank hydronephrosis mean? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012