Blood in stools, stomach discomfort, back pain, body stiffness. Due to stress?

Hi, I`m a 36 year old American male living in tokyo. For the past few years I have been under a lot of stress but I`m normally quite healthy and energetic. I get bright red blood (lots of it) in my stools sometimes, with no pain usually, but recently I have developed lower back pain and some slight discomfort on the right side of my stomach . My whole body also feels stiff for the past few months... Any idea what might be causing this besides stress? I`m going to the clinic this month for my first colonscopy but would also like to hear anything else I might need to consider.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012