Blood in stools, painful, high Ggt levels, all scans normal, not fissures, haemorrhoids. Colon cancer?

I have had blood in the stool on and off for about 6 months. Lots of pain, high ggt (66). Had a pelvic ultrasound, sigmoidoscopy , and going for colonoscopy this week. I am in a lot of pain. I also had a ct scan . Everything came back clear. I have a family history of diabetis and heart. I am feeling worried. Besides colon cancer, are there other things that can be causing the bleeding...I have ruled out fissures and hemoroids...sometimes the blood is darker and other times bright red.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012