Blood in stools, painful and burning micturation, partner on medicines for frequent UTI's. What could be the cause?

My boyfriend has been telling me lately he has been pooping blood . He said the other day that a big clot of blood came out, and then the other day he started saying it hurt when he passed urine . I asked him if it felt like a burning sensation, as I am on medication everyday because I get frequent UTI s. He is supposed to see the doctor tomorrow. All I really would like is a possible answer before then to what the cause might be. I m starting to think of the worse situations, and I would like a little peace of mind tonight.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012