Blood in stools, iron smell, no discomfort, stomach bloating after eating. Cause of concern?

i am an active 34 year old man and in the last couple of days there seems to be some blood in my stools . It is not that obvious - the water looks pink rather than red and there is no obvious blood on toilet tissue when used. There seems to be a slight iron/blood smell as well. I have no discomfort either pre, during or post going either. I do find i fill up very quickly after food and that gives a bloated feeling for a couple of hours after eating. How concerned should i be? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Since you are not sure whether it is blood or not, you can have stool test done.
Blood in stools could be due tohemorrhoids, fissure, polyp, colitis or malignancy. A colonoscopy has to be done to know the cause.

You are having dyspeptic symptoms also. Check your blood glucose level and also test for H.pylori infection. You may also need an upper GI endoscopy as part of evaluation of your dyspeptic symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.