Blood in stools, had taken azithromycin with cefixine for severe throat infection. Cause?

I was having severe throat infection and my physician has prescribed (Taxim-o) cefixime 400mg 2 days ago. However even after taking cefixime there was no relief, I would say my condition worsened, so I also took azithromycin 500mg along with the prescribed medicines yesterday. This morning blood came along with my stool which is not normal for me. Please suggest it is okay to have both the medicines together? My throat is no better than yesterday.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012