Blood in stools, following a strict vegetarian diet. Cause for blood?

Last night I went for a run and when I came home I had to make a bowel movement . This is normal for me associated with running. I sat down had absolutely no pain or trouble going, but when I went to wipe myself the stool was very soft and all blood covered/tinged. It was red in color vs an old blood color. It hasn t happened since and I ve had no pain or discomfort at all. I m a healthy weight, very active and I eat a healthy vegetarian diet . Is this something I need to go have worked up immediately?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013