Blood in stool, nauseous, abdominal pain, no diarrhea. What is the cause?

I have had blood in my stool , off and on over the last six months.. but there is no pain when I use the bathroom at these times. I was checked for hemorrhoids and there was none. It is not difficult to use the bathroom, and my stool is rather soft. I have been feeling nauseous in the mornings (also not pregnant, was tested for that too), and sometimes when I have sex it causes extreme abdominal pain (not sure if this is relevant). The blood is bright red, not black. I have never been constipated, and do not have diarrhea . I get mild cramps from time to time, but nothing unbearable.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013