Blood in stool, itchy anus. What is wrong?

can you help me,im realy worried!for the past few days my poo has been very sore and hard and when i wipe it there has been blood on my toilet roll and about 10 mins ago i was going in for a shower and my bum got realy itchy,so i scratched it and the noticed a little ball thing under my nail and it was bleeding so i put my finger lightly over my bum and it was realy bloody whats wrong with me?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Hi welcome to HCM
Bleeding from the anus with swelling suggests Thrombosed pile.It most commonly occurs in people having long standing constipation.Digital Rectal examination will confirm the diagnosis.I generally suggest my patients with this kind of problem to take tab.Lyser-D to releive swelling and itch and xylocaine jelly to apply around the anus to releive pain.Eat foods rich in fibre content.Avoid straining of can also try stool softners.consult your doctor for expert management.