Blood in stool. Taking ibuprofen frequently for back pain. Reason?

Hi, Lately (twice two weeks ago, and then again the last two days), I have had very bright red blood on my stool . To describe it graphically, there is blood on the stool and in the toilet bowel, as well as dripping into the bowel afterward. I don’t believe there is any inside the stool and the color is bright red. When I wipe afterward, the tissue is more red than brown. I have not been constipated and do not experience any pain. However, I have been taking a lot of Ibuprofen . I will frequently take 3~4 pills close to bed time (10PM~11PM) always with water and usually with a snack but sometimes with just water, and then sometimes 3~4 more pills around 5AM because of back pain when I sleep. I also have mild anxiety . Oh, and I have had two colds in the last month (chills, cough). I’m almost certain the colds came about because of travel fatigue at the Christmas season. I am 26 and in good health – don’t smoke or drink. My guess is that it’s the Ibuprofen. Is this a safe guess? Could it be something else? What do you think it most likely is? What do you recommend I do/try? If not taking ibuprofen is the answer, is there anything I can do to speed the healing process? Thanks, -J
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013