Blood in sputum while coughing only during mornings. Having bronchitis since childhood. Acute bronchitis?

My brother coughing blood in morning? My brother got a flu and cold from his friend, After 3 days fever disappeared but he had some cough/cold/head ache. After 1 week , morning(after sleep ) we see that cough is completely covered by blood. Blood is only in the morning time, like 2 -3 spoons( sputum fully covered by blood). For the rest of day he had cough but blood is only in morning cough. He is 36 year a non smoker and had bronchitis at the age of 5. He used to live in warm climate. He moved to his new work place only 9 months ago. Other than this cough he is good. There is no night sweating, or any other symptoms. I suspect this may be a acute bronchitis due to cold-flu(due to viral infection). Please share your thoughts. Today He started his antibiotics and took Xray ,labtests. Need to to get a reply from Doctor. Thanks 2 hours ago
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013