Blood in sputum after brushing the back of my tongue. Causes for bleeding?

In the morning when I brush my teeth , I brush my tongue and when I spit I see blood . Also, my co-worker just told me this morning she had a similar problem but she isn t brushing her tongue just her teeth and the back teeth but when she spits she s seeing a nice amount of blood when she spits and it has been going on for 2 months now. As far as my brushing the back of my tongue and spitting out blood why is that? am I hitting something I shouldn t.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012