Blood in phlegm, pain in left side of throat after drinking alcohol. Treatment for symptoms?

i drank alochol yesterday and noticed little amount of blood in my phlegm to day and its painless ands also i do get some pain in the left side of my throat after loudly speaking i have been a smoker and alcoholic since 6yrs and iam 33 yrs old i noticed this problem a couple of times and now its been a couple of months i stopped smoking doctor kindly reply
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

After reading your query I came to knew that you are smoker and taking alcohol and suddenly you developed pain in left side of throat, in the same time you noticed blood in phlegm.

Since you are having pain in left side of throat therefore local inflammation is suspected in throat and most likely blood had came out from this site probably.

Keeping all these things in mind you may do-

1- Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

2- Endoscopy of throat.

3- blood- CBC, ESR, Prothrombin time, blood sugar (F & PP).

In this way we may reach to possible cause for your symptoms, but examination by ENT specialist is appears to be necessary here to rule out any local pathology in throat.

Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
even drinking alcohol can cause allergies
as if you are allergic to alcohol after drinking there ismucus secretions in sinuses and that brings blood and phlegm in back of throat causing these symptomps
get xray pns waters view if sinuses treat accordingly
and if you are diagnosed with allergy to alcohol you have to stop it to get treament