Blood in bowel movements. could this be related to his accident ?

My husband (aged 50) fractured a rib and bruised his spleen on 6 January 2011. He returned to work 3 weeks later and did not take doctor s advice to rest and take it easy for 3 months. He has continued to have pain in spleen/rib region and now he is passing black bowel movements, could this be related to his accident ?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic!
When did your husband first pass black colored stools? It could be possible that the injury might be responsible for this, I advice you to visit the treating doctor immediately for evaluation and examination.
best wishes and regards.