Blood in bowel movement. Has hemorrhoids, had colitis. Should we worry?

Hello Doctor, my husband had a bowel movement this evening and he saw some reddish blood in the toilet bowl. He has hemmoroids, actually large ones, but the doctor has said because they do not bother him, he thinks its better to leave them alone. A few years ago, he was diagnosed with severe colitis , and was very sick before it was discovered, but he was medicated for a few months and he says he feels fine except for this blood sighting today. Could he have broken a lining near the hemmoroid, I will call the doctor, but he wants to see if it happens again tomorrow. thank you for any help you can advise..Rosemary Deming Hernandez
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013