Blood from buttocks, red lump, no pain. What is this?

Hi, I have had blood when I ve wiped my butt for the last three days now. I have just used a mirror to have a check and have realised its not coming from my butt hole directly. There is a small red lump which looks to have a slit or dent in the centre where the blood is coming from. It is in between my butt hole and vagina but closer to my butt hole. It s not bleeding loads but it is more than just a smear on the tissue . And it doesn t hurt at all either. Do you have any idea what this may be? I am a 22 year old female. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

Based on what you refer I can say that your symptoms might be caused by Rectovaginal fistula.
If the fistula is small, it will heal spontaneously.
But if it isn't a surgical procedure is necessary.

So you should contact your surgeon to discuss about the diagnosis and treatment.

Wish you good health.
Dr. Behar.