Blood filled bump on buttock, pain goes away after popping. Triple antibiotic applied. Suggestions?

hello. my 16 yr old son says that for the past 2 months he has had this problem.
A bump on buttocks that seems to fill with blood every 2 - 3 weeks. He pops it and it is bright red blood. No pus that he can see. After he pops it, the pain goes away and all is well for 2 - 3 weeks. I told him to keep it clean and use triple antibiotic. He is an otherwise healthy 6' 4" 250lb athlete with typical acne.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013