Blood during bowel movement, stinging in anus, anal discomfort. Any clue?

For years, I have had small amount of blood on the toilet paper because I know I wipe to hard. In January, I had a bowel movement with blood filling the toilet. No pain except some stinging in the anus while taking a shower after episode. I have had increased anal discomfort since, described as glass just inside my anal area that comes and goes especially after a bowel movement. Itching as well. Occassionally I have small amounts of blood on TP with large bowel movements. Thanks and any clue?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012