Blood drawn from arm, constant pain, inner arm swelling from elbow to wrist. Will icing help?

Thank you.. I had blood drawn from my right arm last Thursday. My arm started hurting about 2 or 3 days ago but I just ignored it. This morning when I woke up, my arm pain had increased so that it is constantly noticeable. This evening I noticed that my inner arm is swollen from my elbow to about 2 above my wrist . My fingers seem normal. What do you suggest I do? Put heat or ice on it? Or what? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking question on health care magic
it looks like hematoma due to constant bleeding from the punctured vein
usually bleeding stops after 1-2 minutes of puncture
it has not stopped means that you are suffering from bleeding or clotting disorder
in needs though investigation
better consult a physician
you may temporarily use ice pack
i shall be happy to answer any further queries
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics