Blood came out after having receptive anal sex 3 days ago. Dr prescribed ELISA, PCR tests. What are these for ?

I had receptive anal sex 3 days ago. During the act, my partner observed that his condom is torn, and he informed me that he might have ejaculated a bit inside. This was the first time I had anal sex. I rushed to the bathroom, and tried pushing the stuff out. I observed blood coming out. I am not aware of HIV status of my sex partner.

I went to see a doctor, 48 hours after the infection. He prescribed ELISA and PCR tests. The ELISA test results were negative with a score of 0.065/0.370. I have 2 questions:

1) What is the meaning of results of ELISA test
2) Is PCR effective just after 48 hours

Thanks for answering!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013