Blood blister with pus on my right inner thigh. Small, itchy bump on buttocks. Bacterial or fungal infection?

I have a blood blister on my right inner thigh that is painless and has been there for a few days now. Today I noticed that there is now pus inside the blister. I have also had smaller, itchy bumps on my buttocks for a couple months. They do not resemble the blister on my thigh but I am not sure whether they are related. I'm thinking it is some kind of bacterial or fungal infection.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
If you have had a blister which was not painful for many days then it could be an STD most common being syphillis. If you do not have any history of unprotected sex then it could just be a boil or furuncle which is caused by staphylococcus bacteria. But this blister is usually very painful and is filled with pus always. Itchy papules on buttock are common due to moist conditions provided by increased sweat and tight clothes, for both bacteria and fungi to grow. Hence personal hygiene is of utmost importance in such regions. If the bumps have been there for more than a couple of months, then could be of fungal origin. I suggest a visit to a dermatologist for treatment for both blister on inner thigh and on buttocks.