Blood blister on finger, painful after draining. What do I do?

Hi, I got a blood blister on my right pinky finger earlier in the day while working. It hurt for a while but then stopped hurting, and I never got a chance to put ice on it. When I got home I popped the blood blister and drained the blood now several hours later my finger really hurts but the blood blister doesn t look like it is infected or anything. What do I do? And why does my finger hurt?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012

Due to blunt pressure trauma you developed blood blister..hematoma.
You do not worry, it is just swelling containing blood which becomes clotted.
You do not squeez or rupture the area., otherwise it may become infected.
Keep the finger at rest. Be calm. Apply only thrombophob oint.
Take vitamin C and K tablets.
Cold compresses may enhance improvement.

The lesion may clear in few weeks without any scar and complication.
This answer might be helpful to you.
Have early recovery.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD