Blood and pus cells in urine. I would like some answers as to a diagnosis?

Hi, my girlfriend of 2 years was complaining of an inability to urinate for a week and went to the doctors. She contantly felt the need to pee but could not urinate or only just a little at most. However, the doctor immediately diganosed a urinary tract infection and prescribed antibiotics aswell as taking a urine sample. So, my girlfriend revisited the doctor today (a week later) and was told that blood and pus cells was found in the urine smaple and that she had developed thrush. The thrush was a bi-product of the antibiotics, however there was no growth in the cells in her urine? this was all that she understood from the doctor couldnt get anything else. The doctor is completely unsure what it is, as my girlfriend is peeing fine now and feels fine. However, i am very worried as her father died of cancer and her mum has SLE (lupus) and i have read that side effect of lupus can be blood in the urine from kidney damage due to lupus? Also, she had a severe case of thrush about 6 months ago but it cleared right up. I am very very worried for her and i d like some answers as to a diagnosis?
Asked On : Sat, 28 May 2011