Blood and mucus in stools, severe sinus, frequent nose bleeds, high iron levels. What could the cause be?

My husband has been experiencing blood in his stool, along with mucus . Abdominal pain is not one of his symptoms. No weight loss , no loss of appetite , and no fatigue . The last time he checked, his iron level was pretty up there. I believe it was above 12. These episodes of blood and mucus in his stool have only happened approximately 12 times or less, and this has been over the course of 23 years (he is 23 years old). He has terrible sinuses from what I can tell. He is always sneezing and blowing his nose. Also, he has pretty frequent mild nose bleeds (I have always associated this with his dry sinuses.) His stool is usually mucus wrapped with a bright red streak of blood. What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012