Blood and blood clots in urine?

I have blood and blood clots in my urine with pain. Im not feeling to well either. I have chills. No fever. Im 44 years old, Thanks Michelle
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
Urologist 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic,
these symptoms may be due to infection,stone disease or bladder tumor. You need further evaluation to rule out the problems, kindly consult an urologist, you may need the following investigations
1 Urine cultures and sensitivity,
2 Ultrasound scan of Kidney, ureters and Bladder,
3 Urine for cytology
4 Cystoscopy
Dr chandrasekhar rodda

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
This could be because of stone disease and urine infection. You need to have x-ray and sonography for correct diagnosis.So gets also blood counts and urine examination done. mean while drink plenty of liquids and take light diet.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome to Healthcaremagic

Blood in Urine could be from Infection, stones or Cancer of the bladder.These are the few things you need do.

1. Get the Urine analysis
2. Urine for microscopy
3. Consult Urologist for Cystoscopy (they will look into your bladder thru a scope to look for any masses in inside).

Regards, Dr. Jagdish