Blood after having sex, bleeding from buttocks. Cause?

Hi Tonight I went to the toilet after having sex with my partner. I didn t notice blood on the toilet paper but when i went to flush I noticed blood in the toilet. I decided to wipe my vagina again but there was no blood so I checked my bum and realised that s where the blood came from. I knew i had a cut on my bum hole which occasionally bleeds when having a poo but I didn t have one after sex. I don t have anal sex and the only thing I can think of Is that when I farted it must have come out then. Could this be due to sex?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
As you have mentioned that you have cut mark in your anus.This bleeding could be from anal cut .It is possible that during sexual act the cut mark in your anus got irritated or slightly bruised resulting in bleeding.There is nothing to worry.Consult your treating physician who may examine you and accordingly prescribe you treatment.
Hope this answers your question.