Blood Sugar level increasing after consuming food, Please advise

Hi, My Fathers age is 60 yrs old. He has diabetes , hyper tension and Tryglicerides from last 6 yrs. He takes tablets Glycomet GP1(1 in the morning), Metalor XR 25 mg(1 in morning) , Ecosprin 75 mg1 in afternoon) , Cardace 10 mg(1 in night), Atorlip 10 mg(1 in night). His fasting blood sugar ranges between 130-140. After taking 3-4 idlis in the morning his PPS is 250-260. Hyper tension is under control. Please advise medicine for Diabetes as it increases after food intake. He faces acidity problem too and tiredness . What needs to be done in such a case. Please advise...
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011